The partnership between the Union Européenne de Cyclisme and Eurovision for the broadcasting of the Elite European Championships (Road, Track, MTB, Cyclo-Cross, BMX Freestyle Park and Racing) has been renewed from 2022 to 2029.
The renewal of the agreement, signed yesterday by the UEC President Enrico Della Casa and the EBU Director General Noel Curran & the Eurovision Sport Executive Director Glen Killane, continues the relationship between the UEC and EBU which started in 2016.
Up to now, EBU members that have already agreed to broadcast the UEC European Championships are: VRT & RTBF (Belgium); RAI (Italy); NOS (Netherlands); NRK (Norway); TVP (Poland); RTV (Slovakia); SRG/SSR (Switzerland).
Enrico Della Casa, UEC President, said: «The renewal of the agreement with Eurovision Sport for 2022-2029 will allow us to continue a project started in 2016 by the President at the time, David Lappartient, which over the last few years has helped us to grow considerably in terms of the quality of events offered, world coverage and the visibility of our sport and sponsors.
I wish to thank Eurovision Sport for its commitment in supporting our events and its passion in facing a future which looks set to be particularly intense with many challenges and innovations.»
Frédéric Sanz, Eurovision Sport Head of Cycling, said: «Eurovision Sport is delighted to continue its long-term partnership with the UEC. The close, daily relationship with the European federation since 2016 and our shared vision to develop further European Cycling Championships are undoubtedly the key factors for future success.»
The annual events programme for the period of the new agreement include:
- UEC Road European Championships 2023, 2024, 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029
- UEC Track European Championships 2023, 2024, 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029
- UEC Mountain Bike European Championships 2023, 2024, 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029
- UEC BMX Racing European Championships 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029
- UEC BMX Freestyle European Championships 2023, 2024, 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029
- UEC Cyclo-Cross European Championships 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029